You are here
- FY21 Green Power Partnership Renewed
FY21 Green Power Partnership Renewed
Posted by Avery Maris Maloto on December 9, 2021
F&S completed the renewal of our recognition as a Green Power Partner through the US Environmental Protection Agency. Green Power Partners of our scale now have to use renewable power for seven percent of their annual consumption. Fortunately, the FY21 green power supply for FY21 was 9%, which is a +1.72% increase from the FY19 supply of 7.28%. See attached file.
The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) is proud of its sustainability initiatives and success in achieving Illinois Climate Action Plan (iCAP) goals (https://icap.sustainability.illinois.edu/). The iCAP is the university’s strategic plan to meet the Climate Leadership Commitments, including being carbon neutral as soon as possible and building resilience to climate change in the local community.
The Urbana campus on-site renewable energy portfolio meets more than 12 percent of annual electricity needs (https://fs.illinois.edu/services/utilities-energy/production/renewable-e...). UIUC’s Solar Farm 2.0 was energized in January 2021, producing 20,000 MWh/year. Combined with Solar Farm 1.0 and other rooftop and ground-mounted solar installations, the Urbana campus generates more than 27,000 MWh/year, ranking UIUC third amongst U.S. universities in on-site clean power production. Incorporating renewable energy continues to be a focus of new facility construction and major renovation projects. Most notably, the innovative Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Building features 970 rooftop panels. Since production started in April 2019, 11 percent of all power supplied to the ECE Building has been from the array, while additional output is reserved for research and educational activities. In September 2016, the university also signed a ten-year wind power purchase agreement for 25 million kWh/year and the rights to the environmental attributes.
- Use Clean Power (View project updates for Use Clean Power)
- Solar Farm 1.0 (View project updates for Solar Farm 1.0)
- Solar Farm 2.0 (View project updates for Solar Farm 2.0)
- ECE Rooftop Solar PVs (View project updates for ECE Rooftop Solar PVs)
- BIF Rooftop Solar PVs (View project updates for BIF Rooftop Solar PVs)
- Wassaja Hall Rooftop Solar PVs (View project updates for Wassaja Hall Rooftop Solar PVs)
- EPA Green Power Partner (View project updates for EPA Green Power Partner)
- Apply for Recognition (View project updates for Apply for Recognition)
- Wind Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) (View project updates for Wind Power Purchase Agreement (PPA))