F&S completed the renewal of our recognition as a Green Power Partner through the US Environmental Protection Agency. Green Power Partners of our scale now have to use renewable power for seven percent of their annual consumption.
You are here
ECE Rooftop Solar PVs (Completed)
Solar Power on Campus
- ECE Rooftop Solar PVs
- Install Solar PVs on NCPD
- Solar Farm 1.0
- Rooftop Solar Potential
- BIF Rooftop Solar PVs
- Ground Mounted Solar PVs BRC Research Test Bed
- E37 Parking Lot Solar Lighting
- InSPIRE SPOT
- KCPA Rooftop Solar Feasibility Study
- Solar Farm 2.0
- Solar PVs at Idea Garden
- Solar PVs on Fruit Farm Admin Building
- Solar PVs on I Hotel and Conference Center
- Solar PVs on President's Garden Shed
- Solar Panels on Everitt Lab
- Solar at Willard Airport
- Speech and Hearing Rooftop Solar PVs
- Uni High Gym Rooftop Solar PVs
- Wassaja Hall Rooftop Solar PVs
- SSC Solar Feasibility Study
The ECE Building includes Solar Panels on its roof. The panels provide about 11% of the building's energy needs. The infrastructure for connecting these panels to the building electric supply was included in the original design and construction costs for the full building, while the solar panels themselves were funded separately.
The Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Building's rooftop solar has a production capacity of 270 kilowatts! The on-site solar generation, along with excellent energy efficiency, several innovative technologies, and an agreement about Solar Farm 2.0 Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs), will allow this facility to achieve the prestigious goal of being net-zero energy.
There are 970 modules with a total DC power rating of 272 kW.
No description has been provided yet.
Solar Generation from Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Building
- FY 2019:
Primary Contact:Catherine Somers
Project Leader:Phil Krein
- Joyce Mast
- Greg Larson
- Dennis Craig
- Tim Newman
Started September 7, 2016Started by Dennis Craig and Tim NeumannCompleted April 12, 2019Completed by per Joyce Mast