You are here
- ISSS newsletter- new academic year! 8/25/23
ISSS newsletter- new academic year! 8/25/23
Posted by Sarthak Prasad on August 18, 2023
Sarthak sent announcements (to Caitlin Kaparaz) to be added to the ISSS newsletter (publishing on August 25):
- Reclaim Your Abandoned Bike
Every summer, F&S tags and removes all abandoned bikes. If you left your bike and want to reclaim it, email email@example.com and include where it was located, the make/model, color, and serial number, if possible. Bike registration information or other documentation will be needed to prove ownership (e.g., pictures). Deadline to reclaim your bicycle: Friday, September 22. All unclaimed bicycles will be donated after that date.
- Light the Night – Free Bike Light Giveaway
The 16th annual Light the Night is Tuesday, Sept. 19, from 4 to 7 p.m., at Alma Mater Plaza, Hallene Gateway, and Ikenberry Commons Quad. You MUST bring your bike to get a light set. Approximately 1,000 bike light sets will be available this year. Remember, bike lights are required by Illinois law when riding at night. If you would like to volunteer for this event, please sign up here.
- Celebrate Bike to Work Day on September 14 and Receive a Free T-Shirt
Ride your bike to campus on Thursday, Sept. 14, and get a free t-shirt! Welcome stations will be set up across the area from 7 – 10 a.m., including eight U of I locations. Celebrate Champaign County Bike to Work Day with others by stopping in for refreshments and snacks. You must bring your bicycle and pre-register at https://go.fs.illinois.edu/BiketoWorkDay to get the shirt!
- Register your bicycle
Bicycle registration is mandatory for all bicycles parked or operated on campus and owned by students, staff, faculty, University departments, and community members. There is a one-time $10 registration fee per bicycle. All bicycle registrants will enter a raffle for a chance to win a U-lock or a Helmet. Learn more about the bicycle registration raffle. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding bicycle registration.
- C-U Bike to Work Day (View project updates for C-U Bike to Work Day)
- Light the Night (View project updates for Light the Night)
- Collection and Donation of Abandoned Bicycles (View project updates for Collection and Donation of Abandoned Bicycles)
- Bicycle Registration (View project updates for Bicycle Registration)