You are here
- Two 100% all electric 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning trucks purchased for F&S fleet
Two 100% all electric 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning trucks purchased for F&S fleet
Posted by Sarthak Prasad on April 19, 2022
From: Varney, Peter W
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2022 12:38 PM
To: FandS Executive Management Team ; Gordon, Malikah Asrayyah ; Breitwieser, Steven
Cc: Patterson, Shawn L ; Franzen, Neil
Subject: Ford Lightnings for F&S
As mentioned this morning, I have been able to secure two of the brand new 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning for F&S. These are all-electric crew cab pickup trucks with a ~200 mile range. The vehicles are equipped with a 9.6kW power system including multiple 120V and a single 240V outlet. Cargo payload is only about 1,600# or 2/3 of a standard F-150.
These vehicles should allow for my team to gain familiarity with all-electric vehicles in our fleet as well as campus visibility regarding F&S’ commitment to sustainable fleet technology. I believe one of the vehicles would be a good fit in my Transportation Shop but I’m open to suggestions for the second truck. ETA will be in the June/July timeframe.
Malikah – I want your team to be aware for any story/messaging opportunities. I also think we can use some special signage or wrap on the vehicle exterior.
Pete W Varney
Transportation & Building Services
Facilities & Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- F&S Sustainable Fleet Plan (View project updates for F&S Sustainable Fleet Plan)
- Decrease Emissions from UI Fleet (View project updates for Decrease Emissions from UI Fleet)
- Use Electric Vehicles (EV) (View project updates for Use Electric Vehicles (EV))
- Increase use of EVs and other Alternative Service Vehicles (View project updates for Increase use of EVs and other Alternative Service Vehicles)