The Education iCAP team had a hybrid meeting from 5:00 P.M. - 6:00 PM on Monday, August 29th. The team reviewed the Education iCAP objectives, shared project updates, and brainstormed new action ideas for this semester.
You are here
Sustainability Gen-Ed Requirement (In Progress)
- Develop Sustainability Learning Outcomes
- Sustainability Literacy Assessment
- Provide incentives for sustainability education
- Sustainability Immersive Experience
- Encourage Course Development or Modification
- Inventory Sustainability Courses
- Certificate in Environmental Writing (CEW)
- Develop Sustainability Education definition
- Development of Experiential Learning Sites
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainability
- Independent Student Projects
- Support sustainability courses through guest lectures
- Sustainability Gen-Ed Requirement
- Sustainability Minor
- Sustainable Design Major
The Committee for Environmental Sustainability within Illinois Student Government (ISG) is investigating the prospect of including a sustainability GenEd credit for all students. ISG developed and passed a resolution in December 2019 (attached). The proposal was presented at the Sustainability Council meeting in spring 2021.
Per the iCAP 2020, in order to implement a sustainability GenEd requirement, we must identify the appropriate department with whom to collaborate (i.e., General Education Board within the Office of the Provost).
No description has been provided yet.