You are here
Educate Future Leaders
- Develop Sustainability Learning Outcomes
- Sustainability Literacy Assessment
- Provide incentives for sustainability education
- Sustainability Immersive Experience
- Encourage Course Development or Modification
- Inventory Sustainability Courses
- Certificate in Environmental Writing (CEW)
- Develop Sustainability Education definition
- Development of Experiential Learning Sites
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainability
- Independent Student Projects
- Support sustainability courses through guest lectures
- Sustainability Gen-Ed Requirement
- Sustainability Minor
- Sustainable Design Major
- Co-curricular Sustainability Programs
- Broaden Sustainability Education
- Environmental Leadership Program (ELP)
- Sustainability Internship Program
- iSEE Collaboratory
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is constantly striving to improve the education of its students. Through the efforts and contributions of many individuals, several opportunities were identified for integrating sustainability into our education mission.
Courses interested in obtaining campus data can request access through this website: http://www.cam.illinois.edu/iii/iii-24Attach2.htm.
A preliminary set of learning outcomes regarding sustainability has been developed for every Illinois graduate. These learning outcomes are designed to better prepare students for leadership and citizenship as society responds to climate change. Every Illinois student will acquire practical knowledge of how food, water, energy, and material goods affect human societies and ecosystems over time. Whatever their chosen discipline, each student will graduate with competencies relevant to sustainability.
The education task force has prepared an assessment of current course offerings in order to determine what gaps exist in sustainability education. Subsequently, we will seek to fill in those gaps to provide the necessary opportunities for students to achieve the learning outcomes. Sustainability has been acknowledged as a theme among discovery courses (first year). In 2010, the Office of Sustainability offered the first curriculum workshop (The Prairie Project) where participants discovered ways to enhance their courses or develop new courses to include sustainability topics.
No description has been provided yet.
Project Leader:Stephanie Lage
Proposed February 1, 2010Proposed by Stephanie LageApproved April 1, 2010Approved by Richard WarnerStarted May 24, 2010Started by Barbara Minsker
This map is interactive! Click (or touch) and drag to pan; scroll (or pinch) to zoom.