You are here
- Email to Resilience SWATeam re: Edu002 recommendation
Email to Resilience SWATeam re: Edu002 recommendation
Posted by Meredith Moore on August 2, 2020
Hello Resilience SWATeam!
I hope this message finds you well. In the spring, one Education SWATeam (Edu002) recommendation to the iCAP Working Group suggested developing a sustainable communities paid internship program for students, in partnership with local businesses, non-profits, local government agencies, and local community-based organizations. As the recommendation states, the program would be designed to provide student opportunities in the sustainability field to advance resiliency efforts in our region and help tackle challenges related to climate change.
The iWG recommended including the Resilience SWATeam in discussions on how best to move this forward since it directly involves and relates to the community. We recognized that cities are interested in working with students though funding may be a potential barrier. Your input on this recommendation will be very helpful. What are your initial thoughts on this recommendation? Does this seem like a feasible project, and what would be needed to implement such a program? Meredith may schedule a meeting in the fall between the two SWATeams to discuss further, though in the meantime, please respond with your feedback.
August 2, 2020
- Education SWATeam (View project updates for Education SWATeam)
- Resilience Sustainability Working Advisory Team (SWATeam) (View project updates for Resilience Sustainability Working Advisory Team (SWATeam))
- iCAP Working Group (iWG) (View project updates for iCAP Working Group (iWG))
- iCAP 2020: Illinois Climate Action Plan (View project updates for iCAP 2020: Illinois Climate Action Plan)