You are here
- Meeting between Sarthak Prasad, Morgan White, and Robert O'Daniell
Meeting between Sarthak Prasad, Morgan White, and Robert O'Daniell
Posted by Sarthak Prasad on May 13, 2022
Robert O'Daniell met with Morgan and me on Friday, May 13, 2022. We talked about the following topics:
- The University's upcoming task force for EVs. There will be two task forces -
- Reserve List for new EVs - backlog of about 18 months. Ford is not putting more people on this list now.
- How much EVs/Hybrids save over time
- With the Tax credits and saving on fuel, the cost is very comparable and sometimes cheaper than gasoline car
- Maintenance cost of EVs are very low
- EV Town initiative at Bloomington/Normal area
- QwikTrip chargers
- None currently in Champaign
- We talked about possibly adding Solar Arc at Lincoln & Florida parking lot
- I will look at the product and possibly ask SSC for funding in the future
- We also talked about the people Robert has reached out to so far
- Electrify America
- Where to place a Fast Charger in Champaign-Urbana?
- I will connect Robert with Gabe Lewis at CCRPC.
Robert also provided some documents that were updated from last meeting with me (Introductory meeting with Robert O'Daniell)
- Increase use of EVs and other Alternative Service Vehicles (View project updates for Increase use of EVs and other Alternative Service Vehicles)
- Use Electric Vehicles (EV) (View project updates for Use Electric Vehicles (EV))
- Install Public Use Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations (View project updates for Install Public Use Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations)