You are here
Projects Updates for Educate Future Leaders
- Associated Project(s):
The Illinois Wanxiang Fellows Program is a competitive program open to U of I undergrad students at the Urbana, Chicago, and Springfield campuses. The program offers a unique opportunity for students to study environmental issues and renewable energy in China while gaining exposure to the Chinese language and culture. Most travel & program costs are covered. https://go.illinois.edu/wanxiang
Yu Chuan Shen • Center for East Asian and Pacific Studies
Producing 25000 lbs. of tomatoes,
now have classes there looking to work with university to teach about plants!
economically sustaining our own building,
looking to expand to a new location!
Strong producer for the campus, and excited to grow more!
Eliana Brown, Extension Stormwater Specialist, and Katy Kraszewska, Department of Landscape Architecture, will lead you through the basics of rain garden design for your home. This workshop will take place on September 13th from 6:30-8pm in the Allerton Park Visitor Center. Tickets are $5.
Diana Harris . Allerton Park & Retreat Center
Students can participate with campus sustainability projects related to infrastructure in the following ways:
- Provide concepts and ideas that then go through the formal design and implementation
- Observe installations, if appropriate for that task
- Monitor results, if installed in appropriately ADA accessible areas
- Work with the dept. to provide input to design teams, if allowed by the departmental project leader
- Propose projects to departments
Urban Planning masters student, Marcus Ricci, will complete a capstone project about a methodology for prioritizing iCAP projects.