The photovoltaic panels on LEED Platinum certified Business Instructional Facility (BIF) rooftop harvests solar radiation as a clean renewable energy source for the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign facility.
You are here
NRES 285: Sustainability Metrics and Evaluation Techniques (Completed)
Recent Project Updates
In March through May 2014, ten undergrads in NRES 285 chose to evaluate a variety of UIUC sustainability projects. All of the projects selected were supported by financing from the Student Sustainability Committee (SSC).
Encourage Course Development or Modification
- Teaching Sustainability Workshop aka Prairie Project
- 100-Level Courses
- CEE 598 SUS with Barbara Minsker
- CEE Project Based Learning (PBL)
- ECI Educational Funding
- ENG 177 GFX Global Sustainability Scholars
- ESE 360 with Rob Kanter
- NRES 285: Sustainability Metrics and Evaluation Techniques
- NRES 285: iCAP Sustainability Ambassadors
- Rhet class interviews
- Scholarship of Sustainability Series
- Sustainable Studies in the Humanities
Professors Warren Lavey and Jodi Endress are developing a course to teach students how to evaluate the holistic impacts of various sustainability projects. They are considering projects that have been done on campus, in town, or even globally. There are often multiple dimensions of returns from these projects, which are not always captured in a financial Return on Investment analysis.
No description has been provided yet.