Sarthak Prasad presented to the ENG177 Intro to Sustainability class on Sustainable Transportation topics on Monday, November 6, 2023. Please see attached the presentation.
You are here
ENG 177 GFX Global Sustainability Scholars (Ongoing)
Recent Project Updates
Encourage Course Development or Modification
- Teaching Sustainability Workshop aka Prairie Project
- 100-Level Courses
- CEE 598 SUS with Barbara Minsker
- CEE Project Based Learning (PBL)
- ECI Educational Funding
- ENG 177 GFX Global Sustainability Scholars
- ESE 360 with Rob Kanter
- NRES 285: Sustainability Metrics and Evaluation Techniques
- NRES 285: iCAP Sustainability Ambassadors
- Rhet class interviews
- Scholarship of Sustainability Series
- Sustainable Studies in the Humanities
ENG 177 is a class taught by Angela Wolters and Gretchen Forman: Global Sustainability Scholars for the Grainger First-Year Experience.
The primary focus of this project-based course is about sustainability and environmental consciousness through a global perspective while promoting the missions on campus through projects with iSEE and F&S. By implementing classes discussing culture and providing a travel experience for hands-on learning, students will develop a global mindset in an engineering setting that they can apply in their future careers. By working on iCAP projects, students will work as a team to critically assess issues impacting campus in order to develop and effectively communicate a final deliverable. The course is offered to female freshman GFX Scholars to further the understanding of global sustainability, and applying it to their involvement with sustainability efforts on campus. This class is offered to all engineering majors and hopes to create a community focused on sustainability efforts.
Each semester, WIE-GFX Abroad Scholars partake and complete various projects as a part of ENG 177. The final deliverables for each project can be found below.
- Armory Bike Path Restoration
- Study Abroad Carbon Offset
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- AASHE STARS Report 2020
- Food Waste
- Sustainability Best Practices Guide
- EPA SmartWay Program
No description has been provided yet.