Please see attached the response to the Engagement003 Sustainability Ambassador Program recommendation from Dr. Madhu Khanna.
You are here
NRES 285: iCAP Sustainability Ambassadors (Ongoing)
Recent Project Updates
Karl Radnitzer (Associate Director at Uni High) responded to the spring 2022 NRES285 final report with the following action items and requests at the end of June 2022.
Encourage Course Development or Modification
- Teaching Sustainability Workshop aka Prairie Project
- 100-Level Courses
- CEE 598 SUS with Barbara Minsker
- CEE Project Based Learning (PBL)
- ECI Educational Funding
- ENG 177 GFX Global Sustainability Scholars
- ESE 360 with Rob Kanter
- NRES 285: Sustainability Metrics and Evaluation Techniques
- NRES 285: iCAP Sustainability Ambassadors
- Rhet class interviews
- Scholarship of Sustainability Series
- Sustainable Studies in the Humanities
The goal of this course is to have students understand how to implement climate action policy through examination of University building stock and personnel behavior and developing recommendations to alter both stock and behavior to achieve iCAP 2020 goals. This is a building-level, “bottom-up” approach to campus sustainability, where students will be connected with facility managers to gain an applicable understanding of sustainability opportunities.
- Become familiar with climate action policy, specifically the iCAP 2020
- Identify key areas of the intersection of iCAP objectives and campus buildings
- Survey buildings and record existing stock and personnel behavior
- Develop a strategic plan to implement actionable changes to building infrastructure and personnel behavior
- Present recommendations to building staff and other stakeholders
No description has been provided yet.