You are here
- Thank you to all FY19 SWATeams
Thank you to all FY19 SWATeams
Posted by Morgan White on August 21, 2019
Dear FY19 SWATeam members, As another academic year is about to begin, we want to first thank you for all of your help moving campus toward the goals outlined in the Illinois Climate Action Plan (iCAP). Each of the six SWATeams worked on multiple recommendations last year, and after careful evaluation by the iCAP Working Group (iWG), several recommendations are under consideration now at the appropriate campus units. Additionally, several prior SWATeam recommendations are continuing to show progress, such as the Solar Farm 2.0 project, which is likely to be approved by the Board of Trustees this fall.
Now, the iWG is gearing up for the drafting of the 2020 iCAP. Last year, we have received a lot of feedbacks from the SWATeams and the student body about the 2015 iCAP, our successes, and our areas for growth. After extensive consideration, we have reorganized the SWATeams as announced in the iSEE newsletter earlier this month. Soon we will be updating the email lists, so please do not be concerned if you are removed from a SWATeam email list and are planning to stay on the new team; all returning members will be added to the new SWATeam email lists, as they are created.
If you have any questions, please let us know and we’ll be happy to discuss this further. We thank you for your time, your enthusiasm, and your continuous efforts!
Ximing Cai and Morgan White
iCAP Working Group, co-chairs
- Topical iCAP Teams (View project updates for Topical iCAP Teams)
- Agriculture, Land Use, Food, and Sequestration (ALUFS) SWATeam (View project updates for Agriculture, Land Use, Food, and Sequestration (ALUFS) SWATeam)
- Water and Stormwater SWATeam (View project updates for Water and Stormwater SWATeam)
- Transportation iCAP Team (View project updates for Transportation iCAP Team)
- Energy Generation, Purchasing, & Distribution (eGen) SWATeam (View project updates for Energy Generation, Purchasing, & Distribution (eGen) SWATeam)
- Energy Conservation and Building Standards (ECBS) SWATeam (View project updates for Energy Conservation and Building Standards (ECBS) SWATeam)
- Zero Waste iCAP Team (View project updates for Zero Waste iCAP Team)
- iCAP Working Group (iWG) (View project updates for iCAP Working Group (iWG))