Please see the attached report that details a design report for the Vet Med Stormwater system.
You are here
Water Environment Federation (WEF) (Ongoing)
Recent Project Updates
Xinyu Teng and Ryan Moeller met with F&S sustainable water experts to discuss potential projects for the WEF design challenge this coming spring.
Student Groups with Sustainability Focus
- Green Observer
- Beyond Oil Campaign
- Design for America
- Eco Illini Supermileage
- Illini EV Concept
- Illini EcoConcept
- Illini Formula Electric
- Illini Solar Car
- Illinois Biodiesel Initiative (IBI)
- Illinois Solar Decathlon
- Student Sustainability Leadership Council (SSLC)
- Students for Environmental Concerns (SECS)
- Sustainability Living Learning Community (SLLC)
- Teens Turning Green
- Tikkun Chambana
- USGBC Student Chapter
- Water Environment Federation (WEF)
- Student Sustainability Committee (SSC)
A brief introduction to Water Environment Federation - American Water Works Association (WEF-AWWA) Student Chapter UIUC
We have been involved in organizing events and meetings that orient students towards the water industry.
Listed below are some of our past activities:
- Organizing regular general meetings with water companies based in Champaign and the Greater Chicago Area.
- Organized an annual conference 'Diving Into The Water Industry' featuring presenters from different fields within the water industry.
- Organizing office visits for students to water companies and also field visits to local water treatment plants.
- Involvement with WEF and its divisional organization Central States Water Environment Association (CSWEA). Every year, we take part in the WEF student design competition. In 2019, our project 'Flood Mitigation Strategies for Houston, TX' won the category for Environmental Design and was selected for presentation in WEFTEC 2019, the annual conference of WEF.
No description has been provided yet.