The 2022 Campus Sustainability Celebration was a huge success! Thank you to all who participated! The PowerPoint presentation is attached, and the agenda for the event was as follows:
You are here
Student Sustainability Committee (SSC) (Ongoing)
Student Groups with Sustainability Focus
- Green Observer
- Beyond Oil Campaign
- Design for America
- Eco Illini Supermileage
- Illini EV Concept
- Illini EcoConcept
- Illini Formula Electric
- Illini Solar Car
- Illinois Biodiesel Initiative (IBI)
- Illinois Solar Decathlon
- Student Sustainability Leadership Council (SSLC)
- Students for Environmental Concerns (SECS)
- Sustainability Living Learning Community (SLLC)
- Teens Turning Green
- Tikkun Chambana
- USGBC Student Chapter
- Water Environment Federation (WEF)
- Student Sustainability Committee (SSC)
The Student Sustainability Committee (SSC) is a student-led campus committee charged with the distribution of two student fees: the Sustainable Campus Environment Fee and the Clean Energy Technologies Fee. With the ultimate goal of making the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign a leader in campus sustainability, SSC reviews, recommends, and funds projects that increase environmental stewardship, inspire change, and impact students.
The Student Sustainability Committee has identified six focus areas for sustainability improvements on campus. Working groups will explore possible projects for future funding within each focus area. In addition, working groups will pre-review each funding application and make a recommendation to the committee for project funding. Each working group is chaired by a student SSC member and advised by a faculty or staff SSC member.
- Energy: This working group will explore possibilities for carbon reduction through renewable energy, energy efficiency, and green building.
- Food & Waste: This working group will explore possibilities to expand sustainable food consumption and responsible waste practices.
- Water: This working group will explore potable water use reduction, greywater use, and water conservation in campus facilities.
- Land: This working group will explore carbon sequestration and reducing inputs for managing landscapes.
- Education: This working group will explore ways to further incorporate sustainability into curriculum, programming, and departmental educational missions.
- Transportation: This working group will explore alternative, low carbon transportation options for students, faculty, and staff.
No description has been provided yet.
Primary Contact:Sammy Yoo
Project Leader:Joe Edwards
- Julia Marsaglia
- Kealie Vogel
- Kara Yarrington
- Jonah Messinger
- Sarah Gediman
- Mallory Mahen
- Xanthe Huspe
- Joshua Woolf Senoff
- Belle Hanson
- Fina Healy
- Eric Green