Using the BRC solar energy dashboard at https://smart.tigoenergy.com/p/itisolartestbed/system/charts, we collected the monthly data for the solar array. Because only a por
You are here
Ground Mounted Solar PVs BRC Research Test Bed (Completed)
Solar Power on Campus
- ECE Rooftop Solar PVs
- Install Solar PVs on NCPD
- Solar Farm 1.0
- Rooftop Solar Potential
- BIF Rooftop Solar PVs
- Ground Mounted Solar PVs BRC Research Test Bed
- E37 Parking Lot Solar Lighting
- KCPA Rooftop Solar Feasibility Study
- Solar Farm 2.0
- Solar PVs at Idea Garden
- Solar PVs on Fruit Farm Admin Building
- Solar PVs on I Hotel and Conference Center
- Solar PVs on President's Garden Shed
- Solar Panels on Everitt Lab
- Speech and Hearing Rooftop Solar PVs
- Uni High Gym Rooftop Solar PVs
- Wassaja Hall Rooftop Solar PVs
- SSC Solar Feasibility Study
Implementation of the Solar Research Test Bed is an important part of the research scope of the Illinois Center for a Smarter Electric Grid (ICSEG). ICSEG’s research mission is to support the continuing development of the Smart Grid through research that tests and validates the trustworthiness (secure, reliable, private, resilient) of new components and systems that will be required to realize the full potential of the Smart Grid, and renewable energy systems such as wind and solar are critical to realizing this vision.
The Solar Research Test Bed will allow ICSEG researchers to study in a controlled environment certain solar components, devices, and systems that underpin the performance of solar generation but may also be vulnerable to both natural and man-made forces that can compromise the trustworthiness of those systems. ICSEG researchers will be able to identify those vulnerabilities and develop solutions to assure trustworthiness. The Solar Research Test Bed will provide the research platform to test and validate these solutions before real-world commercial deployment on the Smart Grid.
The research results from this work will comprise a body of intellectual property (IP) that can find practical application through licensing and new venture creation in emerging, fast-growing markets for Smart Grid products and services.
Promote the integration of solar energy into the grid through research that supports enhanced security, reliability, and trustworthiness of solar systems in general.
Create a solar research test bed for data collection and testing at full scale:
- Evaluation of various inverter and micro-inverter approaches
- Experimentation with partial shading and degraded panel performance
- Evaluation of intelligent, heterogeneous loads
- Interface to AMI test bed, including bidirectional capability
- Experimentation with load-generation control
- Experimentation with dynamic control strategies with locally variable cloud cover.
Provide accessible instrumentation to allow visualization of performance data in real time over a secure web connection.