Krannert Art Museum started participating in the glove recycling program in the fall of 2017. The location was added to the map of participating locations on Feb. 4, 2018.
You are here
Implement Solutions for Special Recyclables (Ongoing)
Morgan Johnston and Marya Ryan met with Nick Osborne at the Wounded Vets’ Center on March 23 to discuss glass recycling. Anna Barnes designed a glass recycling label for use inside the Center.
Increase Recycling Rates
- Campus-Wide Bottle/Can Deposit Program
- Encourage Use of Recycling Bins
Implement Solutions for Special Recyclables
- Pallet Recycling
- Address Electronic Waste (e-waste)
- Battery Recycling
- Glass Recycling at Housing Catering Services
- Glove Recycling
- Handling waste chemicals
- Lamp & Ballast Recycling
- Mill Shop Sawdust Recycling
- Plastic Bag Recycling at Illini Union Bookstore
- Printer Cartridge Recycling
- Recycle Construction and Demolition Waste (C&D)
- Reduce Plastic Film Waste
- Styrecycle: Expanded polystyrene (EPS) recycling program
- Increase Recycling through the WTS
Special recyclables, such as chemicals, batteries, ballasts, and bulbs, are part of the overall initiative set by the 2010 iCAP to increase recycling rates on campus. Such recyclables, however, require special solutions. The University has been working toward finding solutions to recycle these goods.