You are here
- iCAP Team Priority Areas 2022-2023
iCAP Team Priority Areas 2022-2023
Posted by Meredith Moore on September 6, 2022
The following email was sent to the iCAP Teams:
Hello iCAP Teams,
Thank you again for serving on these important campus sustainability committees, and for your commitment to helping the university achieve the objectives in the Illinois Climate Action Plan. As promised in the charge letters you received, we are attaching the Key Priorities Document here. The attached document includes a section for each iCAP Team, with two parts in each section: Priority areas and in progress iCAP Portal projects.
- Priority Areas
In order to help our campus move from STARS Gold to STARS Platinum, we have identified priority areas where our university can potentially improve. iSEE’s summer intern Tyler evaluated the latest UIUC STARS report and identified example case studies from STARS Platinum schools. Tyler’s report is online at “Report on Improving UIUC STARS Score.” The priority areas also include topics for potential recommendations that have been brought up in previous discussions with the campus sustainability teams. One example of this is the current efforts to reduce plastic waste on campus.
Many prior iCAP team members have expressed a desire for guidance on appropriate topics for recommendations, so we are providing this guidance to assist your team with focus areas for development of recommendations. We encourage you to investigate these ideas with gusto; reach out to people at other schools to learn more about the ideas and contact people on our campus who would have a stake in the project (“stakeholders”) to understand how it could fit into our campus. You should also review the recommendation template to see the information that needs to be completed when you submit a recommendation to the iCAP Working Group.
- In progress iCAP Portal projects
The iCAP Portal has over 900 projects and contains information about our campus sustainability efforts, going back as far as 2003. The information is primarily entered by members of the iCAP Teams, the Student Sustainability Committee (SSC), and a few volunteers. We are requesting your assistance to get updates on some of the projects that are listed as “In Progress.” For each of the projects listed in the attached file, please answer the following questions:
- Who is the current contact person? The project records on the iCAP Portal may provide past contacts, and your team members may have relevant information.
- Is the project completed? If not, what is the current status of the effort?
- What changes are needed on the iCAP Portal project page content? Pictures would be particularly nice to be able to share on the Portal.
We are very excited about this coming year, and we want to support you in any way necessary. Please reach out to any of us at any time.
Morgan, Jen, and Meredith
- Topical iCAP Teams (View project updates for Topical iCAP Teams)
- Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS) (View project updates for Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS))
- iCAP 2020: Illinois Climate Action Plan (View project updates for iCAP 2020: Illinois Climate Action Plan)
- Zero Waste iCAP Team (View project updates for Zero Waste iCAP Team)
- Resilience iCAP Team (View project updates for Resilience iCAP Team)
- Energy iCAP Team (View project updates for Energy iCAP Team)
- Education iCAP Team (View project updates for Education iCAP Team)
- Land and Water iCAP Team (View project updates for Land and Water iCAP Team)
- Transportation iCAP Team (View project updates for Transportation iCAP Team)
- Engagement iCAP Team (View project updates for Engagement iCAP Team)