You are here
Football Performance Center: LEED Silver (Completed)
No project updates found
- Business Instructional Facility: LEED Platinum
- Illinois Fire Service Institute: LEED Silver
- Yeh Student Center: LEED Silver
- Lincoln Hall Renovation: LEED Platinum
- Bousfield Hall: LEED Platinum
- CERL Main Building Addition: LEED Silver
- Center for Veterans in Higher Education: LEED Gold
- Chemistry Annex Renovation and Addition: LEED Gold
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Building: LEED Platinum
- Everitt Laboratory Renovation: LEED Gold
- Football Performance Center: LEED Silver
- Huff Hall, Khan Annex: LEED Silver
- Ikenberry Dining Hall: LEED Silver
- Illinois Conference Center Expansion: LEED Silver
- Illinois Natural History Survey: LEED Silver
- Integrated Bioprocessing Research Laboratory (IBRL): LEED Silver
- NCSA Petascale: LEED Gold
- Natural History Building: LEED Gold
- Nugent Hall: LEED Silver
- Siebel Center for Design: LEED Gold
- State Farm Center: LEED Gold
- Surveying Building: LEED Gold
- Wassaja Hall: LEED Gold
The Football Performance Center was certified LEED Silver on September 17, 2021. The project earned 55 of a total of 110 points on the LEED v2009 New Construction scorecard. A significant amount of points were earned in the sustainable sites and indoor environmental quality categories including alternate transportation access, use of low-emitting interior materials, and design for thermal comfort. Additionally, the new performance center features energy savings and water efficiency. A detailed list of credits achieved is available in the LEED Scorecard below and in the USGBC Directory.
The new 110,000 square foot facility is the new home for Fighting Illini Football, giving the program new state-of-the-art spaces for strength and conditioning, sports medicine, player development, position meeting rooms, and areas for recruitment hosting. The center is designed to improve student athlete welfare as well as the performance of the team by providing enhanced spaces to be used by them daily. Also included in the performance facility are many lounge and recreation spaces such as a bowling alley and outdoor rooftop mini golf. The Football Performance Center is located directly next to the University of Illinois Memorial Stadium and is connected to the existing Irwin Indoor Practice Facility.
Sustainable achievements of this project include:
- Public transportation access and convenience of alternate modes of transportation use.
- Community connectivity and close proximity to other types of development.
- Reduced roof and non-roof heat island effect.
- Indoor air quality monitoring and management.
- Compliance with ASHRAE 55-2004 standards for thermal comfort ASHRAE 62.1-2007 standards for air quality.
- The use of low-emitting materials for all materials possible and indoor chemical & pollutant source control.
- Design for lighting controllability and thermal comfort.
- Energy optimization with a 20% savings in energy costs.
- Potable water use reduction of 40%.
- 90% of waste produced in the construction process was diverted from landfills.
- 28% of total building materials are made with recycled content and 38% were sourced locally.
Primary Contact:Jonathan Hasselbring
Project Leader:Fred Hahn
- Matthew Peddie - Architect
- Michael McAtee - Architect
- Alex Forsythe - Architect
Started October 25, 2016Started by University of IllinoisCompleted September 17, 2021Completed by USGBC