You are here
Illinois Conference Center Expansion: LEED Silver (Completed)
Recent Project Updates
No project updates found
- Business Instructional Facility: LEED Platinum
- Illinois Fire Service Institute: LEED Silver
- Yeh Student Center: LEED Silver
- Lincoln Hall Renovation: LEED Platinum
- Bousfield Hall: LEED Platinum
- CERL Main Building Addition: LEED Silver
- Campus Instructional Facility: LEED Platinum
- Center for Veterans in Higher Education: LEED Gold
- Chemistry Annex Renovation and Addition: LEED Gold
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Building: LEED Platinum
- Everitt Laboratory Renovation: LEED Gold
- Football Performance Center: LEED Silver
- Huff Hall, Khan Annex: LEED Silver
- Ikenberry Dining Hall: LEED Silver
- Illinois Conference Center Expansion: LEED Silver
- Illinois Natural History Survey: LEED Silver
- Illinois Street Residence Dining Renovation Addition: LEED Silver
- Illinois Street Residence Wardall Hall Renovation: LEED Silver
- Illinois Street Resident Townsend Hall: LEED Silver
- Integrated Bioprocessing Research Laboratory (IBRL): LEED Silver
- Mechanical Engineering Building: LEED Gold
- NCSA Petascale: LEED Gold
- Natural History Building: LEED Gold
- Nugent Hall: LEED Silver
- Siebel Center for Design: LEED Gold
- State Farm Center: LEED Gold
- Surveying Building: LEED Gold
- Talbot Laboratory: LEED Silver
- Wassaja Hall: LEED Gold
The I-Hotel Conference Center Expansion was certified LEED Silver on April 10, 2021. The project was awarded 53 out of a total of 110 points on the LEED v4 scorecard in the BD+C: New Construction category. The new conference center features significant indoor and outdoor water usage reduction, optimized energy performance, and renewable energy production with rooftop solar panels. In addition, the building was designed with optimal indoor environmental quality standards and used local and sustainable products and materials. The LEED scorecard is available below in Related Files and in the USGBC Directory.
The new expansion provides an additional 32,500 sq. ft. of flexible event space, including a 12,200 sq. ft. exhibition hall. Events in this space can range from wedding receptions to various floor plan arrangements for large conferences and expos. Additionally, the conference center is located next further entertainment and accommodations in the I Hotel for overnight stays also with a restaurant and bar.
Sustainable initiatives taken in the design and construction of this building include:
- 29% of total building energy cost is offset by renewable energy production from the installed solar panels on the roof.
- 46% whole-building energy savings with exterior shading and glazing as well as efficient HVAC and lighting systems.
- 100% reduction of outdoor water use by using native plants and landscaping.
- 38% reduction of indoor water usage with low-flow fixtures and appliances.
- Low-emitting materials for 100% of paints, coatings, and flooring; 99% of ceiling material, and 93% of furniture.
- Diversion of over 80% of construction and demolition waste with efficient design strategies, accurate material ordering, and careful handling and storage of materials.
No description has been provided yet.
Primary Contact:Jonathan Hasselbring
Project Leader:Lucas McGill (GHR inc.)
- Brian Huckstep (Commissioning Agent)
- Richard Van Note (GHR inc.)
Started May 5, 2019Started by Fox/Atkins Development, LLCCompleted April 10, 2021Completed by USGBC